1. Colin A. G. Hunt, 2011. (Click on title for review) Carbon sinks and climate change: Forests in the fight against global warming, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, pp. 255. UK, (Paperback). ISBN 978 0 85793 385 0.
2. C. Hunt et al., 2010. Australia’s Sustainable Seafood Guide, Australian Marine Conservation Society, Brisbane, pp.72. ISBN 9780-646-54653-7. www.sustainableseafood.org.au. Using the guide: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-19/who-decides-what-fish-are-sustainable-and-is-it/4324230
3. Colin A. G. Hunt, 2009. Carbon sinks and climate change: Forests in the fight against global warming, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, pp. 255. UK, (Hardcover), ISBN 978 1 84720 977 1.
4. C. Hunt (Editor), 2002. Production, Privatisation and Preservation in Papua New Guinea Forestry, Instruments for sustainable private sector forestry series, International Institute for Environment and Development, London, pp.126. ISBN 1 1899825 89 4.
5. ---, Bruce Knapman and Malcolm Ponton, 2002. Tuvalu 2002 Economic and Public Sector Review, Asian Development Bank, Manila, pp. 226. ISBN 971-561-459-0.
6. ---, P. Chatterton, Y. Bun, K. Whimp and P. Eddowes (Editors), 1999. A future for Our Forests, WWF, Fiji. ISBN 982-358-003-0.
7. ---, 1998. Pacific Development Sustained: policy for Pacific environments, Asia-Pacific Press, National Centre for Development Studies, Australian National University, Canberra, ISBN 07315 2383 0.
8. ---, and M. Keen (Editors), 1998. Financing Environmental Management, Training Manual, South Pacific Regional Environment Programme, Apia.
9. --- et al., 1996. Promoting Exports of Fish and Fish Products in Selected Island Developing Countries of the Escap Region, Studies in Trade and Investment No 20, United Nations, New York. ISSN 1020-3516.
10. ---, and Choo, F., 1996. Compendium on standards for seafood exports in selected Pacific island developing countries, United Nations, New York.
11. ---, and the Planning Team, 1994. The 25-year Strategic Plan for the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area, Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, Townsville. ISBN 0 642 17412 1. See right side-bar.
Chapters in Books
1. C. Hunt, 2011. Methodologies for REDD reporting and decision-making, in R. J. Keenan, S. Saulei, J. C .Fox, and C. L. Brack, editors. Native forest management in Papua New Guinea: advances in assessment, modelling, and decision-making, Australian Council for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), Canberra, Australia: 152-158. http://aciar.gov.au/publication/PR135
2. ---, 2011. Greenhouse gas abatement in Asia: Imperatives, incentives and equity, in M. Hossain and A. Selvanathan, editors, Climate change and growth in Asia, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK: 99-129. https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Moazzem_Hossain_Climate_Change_and_Growth_in_Asia?id=ATXFspgfCuUC&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImJvb2stQVRYRnNwZ2ZDdVVDIl0.
3. ---, 2009. Economic impacts of creating and extending marine protected areas: The case of rezoning the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, in N. McManus and D. Bellinghouse, editors, Fisheries: management, economics and perspectives, Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, NY. p. 365-384, ISBN: 978-1-60692-303-0. https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8624
4. ---, 2004. Impacts of economic globalisation on Pacific environments and aid implications, in C. Tisdell and R. K. Sen, editors, Economic Globalisation: social conflict, labour and environmental issues, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK, pp. 336-351. ISBN 1 84376 315 X.
5. ---, 1998. User pays, in M. Keen and C. Hunt, editors,1998. Financing Environmental Management, South Pacific Regional Environment Programme, Apia, pp. 224 –244.
6. ---, R. Gerard Ward and Elspeth Young, 1998. The environment, traditional production and population, in G. Thompson, editor, Economic dynamism in the Asia –Pacific, The Open University/Routledge, London, pp. 303-331.
7. ---, 1997. Cooperative approaches to marine resource management in the South Pacific, The Governance of Common Property in the Pacific Region, Resource Management in Asia Pacific/ Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, The Australian National University, Canberra, pp. 145-164. ISSN 0817-0444.
8. ---, 1995. Empowered regions: A ‘bottom up’ approach to ESD, in M. Sivakumar and J. Messner, editors, Proceedings of the National Conference on Successful Strategies for Ecologically Sustainable Development, 5-7 Dec, Wollongong, pp 183-192.
9. ---, 1995. Beyond Brundtland: The new imperatives for industrialized countries, in R. Moore and J. Ryan, editors, Sustainable Development, New Age International/Wiley Eastern, New Delhi, pp. 16-38. ISBN 81-224-0816-8.
10. ---, 1992. Sustainable anthropocentric development – hard choices are inevitable, in N. Bierbaum, editor, Towards Ecological Sustainability, Centre for Environment and Sustainable Development, The Flinders University, Adelaide, pp. 21-22.
- C.Hunt, 2013.Benefits and opportunity costs of Australia's Coral Sea marine protected area: A precautionary tale, Marine Policy, 3 (2013):352-360. Click to download article.
- ---, 2012. For the sake of a credible climate change policy in Australia – Revisiting the nuclear energy option, Economic Analysis and Policy, 42(1): 5-12. http://www.eap-journal.com/
- ---, 2011. Prospects for meeting Australia’s 2020 carbon targets, given a growing economy, uncertain international carbon markets and the slow emergence of renewable energies, Economic Analysis and Policy, 41(1): 6-11. http://www..eap-journal.com/
- ---, 2010. Compensating for the costs of reducing deforestation in Papua New Guinea, Pacific Economic Bulletin, 25(3): 64-88. http://peb.anu.adu.au/issues.php
- ---, 2010. The costs of reducing deforestation in Indonesia, Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, 46(20): 187-192.
- --- and S. Baum, 2009. The ‘hidden’ costs of forestry offsets, Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, 14: 107:120.
- ---, 2008. Economy and ecology of emerging markets and credits for bio-sequestered carbon in northern Australia, Ecological Economics, 66: 309-318.
- ---, 2006. Concerns for Southern Ocean fish stocks and bird populations, Marine Policy, 30: 357-359.
- ---, 2004. Australia’s Greenhouse Policy, Australasian Journal of Environmental Management, 11(2): 156-164.
- ---, 2003. Economic globalisation impacts on Pacific marine resources, Marine Policy, 27: 79-85.
- ---, 2002. Efficient and equitable forest rent capture in three Pacific nations: opportunities and impediments in forest policy reform, Small-scale Forest Economics, Management and Policy, 1 (1): 39-55.
- ---, 2002. Local and global benefits of subsidising tropical forest conservation, Environment and Development Economics, 7(2): 325-340.
- ---, 2000. Revenue implications of export tax denomination in developing countries: the case of forestry in Papua New Guinea, Economic Analysis and Policy, 30(2):175-187.
- ---, 1999. Fiji’s fisheries: Their contribution to development and their future, Marine Policy, 23(6): 571-585.
- ---, A. Mawuli, M. Gumoi, C. Yala and O. Sanida, 1999. Public Investment Policy in Papua New Guinea, Pacific Economic Bulletin, (14)2: 24-36.
- ---, 1998b. Public policy for Pacific environments and resources, Pacific Economic Bulletin, 13(1): 132-137.
- ---, 1997. Management of the South Pacific tuna fishery, Marine Policy, 21(2): 155-171.
- ---, 1996. Tackling environmental management problems on Pacific atolls, Pacific Economic Bulletin, 11: 58-69.
- ---, 1996c. Property rights and environmental management on Pacific Atolls, International Journal of Social Economics, 23(4): 221-234. (This article was awarded a prize for excellence by a leading US publisher of journals.)
- --- and R. Chandra, 1995. Current economic trends in the South Pacific: Fiji, Tonga and Western Samoa, Pacific Economic Bulletin, 10, 1995, pp. 13-22.
- ---, R. Duncan and P. Larmour, 1995. Held in trust: the role of public funds in economic management, Pacific Economic Bulletin, 10: 41-47.
- ---, 1994. Sustainable development in a region: A practical approach to targeting environmental impacts, Sustainable Development, 2(1): 23-30.
- C. Hunt, 2013. Making sense of chaotic emission reduction pledges, The Comversation, Novermber 6. http://theconversation.com/making-sense-of-chaotic-emissions-reduction-pledges-19851
- ---, 2013. Putting coal seam gas clashes on the election map, The Conversation, August 30.https://theconversation.com/putting-coal-seam-gas-clashes-on-the-election-map-16990
- ---, 2013. World Bank kicks coal, but will the rest of the world follow? Climate Spectator July 29, http://www.businessspectator.com.au/article/2013/7/29/energy-markets/world-bank-kicks-coal-will-world-follow?utm_source=exact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=365605&utm_campaign=cs_daily&modapt=
- ---, 2013. World Bank kicks coal, but will the rest of the world follow? The Conversation, July 29. https://theconversation.com/world-bank-kicks-coal-but-will-the-rest-of-the-world-follow-16392
- ---, 2013. Great Barrier Reef report in: time to make polluters pay. The Conversation, July 16. https://theconversation.com/great-barrier-reef-report-in-time-to-make-polluters-pay-16073
- ---, 2013. International Energy Agency report hopeful, but is it unrealistic? The Conversation,June 12. https://theconversation.com/international-energy-agency-report-hopeful-but-is-it-unrealistic-15101
- ---, 2013. Australia's northern waters: killer nets and flawed funding, The Conversation, June 11. https://theconversation.com/australias-northern-waters-killer-nets-and-flawed-funding-14859
- --- , 2013. Report questions economic benefits of shale gas extraction, The Conversation, June 5. https://theconversation.com/report-questions-economic-benefit-of-shale-gas-extraction-14931
- ---, 2013. UNESCO still worried about Great Barrier Reef, The Conversation, May 7. https://theconversation.com/unesco-still-worried-about-the-great-barrier-reef-13984
- ---, 2013. Coal and gas fail the test when it comes to environmental impacts, The Conversation, April 26. https://theconversation.com/coal-and-gas-fail-the-test-when-it-comes-to-environmental-impact-13746
- Colin Hunt and Nikki Taylor, 2013. Conservationists question root cause, The Tablelander, April 9: Colin_State_Forests_resized.jpg
- ---, 2013. The Grief of the Reef: UNESCO should declare the GBR in danger, The conversation, Feb 5. http://theconversation.edu.au/grief-of-great-barrier-reef-unesco-should-declare-heritage-site-in-danger-11928
- ---, 2013. What will banning the super trawler a second time achieve? The Conversation, Jan 25. http://theconversation.edu.au/what-will-banning-the-super-trawler-a-second-time-achieve-11787
- ---, 2012. Do assessments of fish stock sustainability work for consumers? The Conversation, December 13. http://theconversation.edu.au/do-assessments-of-fish-stock-sustainability-work-for-consumers-11285
- ---, 2012. Kyoto Protocol fails: get ready for a hotter world, The Conversation, November 16. https://theconversation.edu.au/kyoto-protocol-fails-get-ready-for-a-hotter-world-10742
- ---, 2012.Planning changes to accelerate Queensland coastal development, The Conversation, October 17, http://theconversation.edu.au/planning-changes-to-accelerate-queensland-coast-development-10125
- C. Hunt, 2012.Super trawling not the only fishing problem needing review, the Conversation, September 11, http://theconversation.edu.au/super-trawler-not-the-only-fishing-problem-needing-review-9503
- ---, 2012. Bycatch the real concern as super trawler heads for Australia, The Conversation, August 24, https://theconversation.edu.au/bycatch-the-real-concern-as-super-trawler-heads-for-australia-8994
- ---, 2012. Has the London Olympics really gone green, and what can the Gold Coast Games gain? The Conversation, July 16, https://theconversation.edu.au/has-the-london-olympics-really-gone-green-and-what-can-the-gold-coast-games-gain-8215
- ---, 2012. UNESCO throws down gauntlet on Great Barrier Reef ports, The Conversation, July 4, https://theconversation.edu.au/unesco-throws-down-gauntlet-on-great-barrier-reef-ports-8018
- ---, 2012. A solid marine parks compensation package will be good for fishers and fish, The Conversation, June 15, https://theconversation.edu.au/a-solid-marine-parks-compensation-package-will-be-good-for-fish-and-fishers-7696
- ---, 2012. Commonwealth and Queensland face off over coal and the Great Barrier Reef, The Conversation, June 6. http://theconversation.edu.au/commonwealth-and-queensland-face-off-over-coal-and-great-barrier-reef-7486
- ---, 2012. Don’t dismiss nuclear, whatever the political difficulties, The Conversation, March 12. http://theconversation.edu.au/dont-dismiss-nuclear-whatever-the-political-difficulties-5658
- ---, 2012. Coal seam gas, the Great Barrier Reef, and the Queensland election, An analysis of party policy. The Conversation, March 20. http://theconversation.com/coal-seam-gas-the-great-barrier-reef-and-the-queensland-election-an-analysis-of-party-policy-5908
- ---, 2011. How clean and green is coal seam gas? The Canberra Times, December 6. http://www.canberratimes.com.au/opinion/editorial/how-clean-and-green-is-coal-seam-gas-20111205-1ug2q.html
- ---, 2011. Coal gas seems good until you measure the methane, The Conversation, March 3. http://theconversation.com/coal-gas-seams-good-until-you-measure-the-methane-4490
- ---, 2011.How clean and green is coal seam gas? Brisbane Line, November 27. http://www.brisinst.org.au/here-and-now/november-2011-issue/2
- ---, 2011. The price of progress, Rural Weekly, November 11, p. 18.
- ---, 2011. What is Gladstone LNG development really doing to the environment? The Conversation, October 20. http://theconversation.com/what-is-gladstones-lng-development-really-doing-to-the-environment-3885
- ---, 2011. Prospects for Australia's climate change pledges, Brisbane Line, March 20.
- ---, 2011. The looming failure of Australia's carbon pledges, Canberra Times/The Public sector Informant, March 2.
- ---, 2011. Why Australia can't meet its commitment to cut carbon by 5%, PS News online, July 3.
- ---, 2010. Economist counts the costs of stopping climate change, UQ News, Feb 26.
- ---, 2008. Towards Mabi recovery: Ecology and economy of land-use change in the Barron Catchment, A report for the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Wet Tropics Management Authority, Cairns. Click on title to access
- ---, 2002. Organisation of eco-forestry in PNG. In: J. Herbohn, S. Harrison, K. Herbohn and D. Smorfitt, editors, Developing Policies to Encourage Small-scale Forestry, Proceedings from an international symposium held at Kuranda, Australia 9-13 January, 2000, pp. 137-142. ISBN 1864995815.
- ---, 2002. Economics of eco-forestry in PNG. In: J. Herbohn, S. Harrison, K. Herbohn and D. Smorfitt, Editors, Developing Policies to Encourage Small-scale Forestry, Proceedings from an international symposium held at Kuranda, Australia 9-13 January, 2000, pp.143-149. ISBN 1864995815.
- ---, 2002. Marketing ecotimber in PNG. In: J. Herbohn, S. Harrison, K. Herbohn and D. Smorfitt, editors, Developing Policies to Encourage Small-scale Forestry, Proceedings from an international symposium held at Kuranda, Australia 9-13 January, 2000, pp.150-156. ISBN 1864995815.
- ---, 1997. Economic Instruments for Environmental and Natural Resource Conservation and Management in the South Pacific, Working Papers in Ecological Economics No 9706, Ecological Economics Programme, CRES, ANU, 54 pp., at: http://reprints.anu.edu.au/archive/00000679/pdf.
- ---, 1997. “Economics for Pacific environments - research in progress, Focus (Journal of AusAID), September, pp. 25-28.
- ---, 1996b. Strengthening seafood export capabilities in the Pacific - a note, Pacific Economic Bulletin, 11: 100-103.
- ---, 1996. Tuna: A source of sustainable income for Pacific Islands? ANU Reporter, (27)3: 4,10.
- ---, 1995. Economics in Green Party policy - X roads ahead!, Proceedings of The Australian Ecological Economics Society Conference, Coffs Harbour, NSW, 19-23 Nov., pp. 395-404.
- ---, 1994. Planning for the Great Barrier Reef; Processes and outcomes in retrospect, Ecosphere, 15(1): 5.
- ---, 1994. Australia’s greenhouse targets: feasible or fanciful? Search, 25(7): 197-199.
- ---, 1994. The sustainable development debate revisited, Current Affairs Bulletin, 78(10): 22-29.
- ---, 199a. The management of coastal resources: A job for the Commonwealth? Current Affairs Bulletin, 69(10):18-25.
- ---, 1993. The political economy of unsustainable development - with special reference to Queensland. In: B. Jolly and I. Holland (Editors), Ecopolitics VII, Proceedings of the conference, Griffith University, 2-4 July, pp. 144-148.
- ---, 1992. Goss is greener but to Queensland Labor, growth is still more important, Social Alternatives, 11(2): 35-38.
- ---, 1992. Deforestation in Papua New Guinea: The role of economics in devising solutions. In: R. Harding (Editor), Ecopolitics V Proceedings, University of New South Wales, pp.135-143.
- ---, 1990. The problem of logging in PNG, Dialogue, 1(1): 3-7.
C. Hunt et al., 2012. Asking the question. Is Papua New Guinea REDD-ready? Click on title to access
C. Hunt, 2013. Great Barrier Reef in Danger, Radio National Bush Telgraph, 18 June. http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/2013/06/bth_20130618_1144.mp3
C. Hunt and Rebecca Levingston, 2013. Great Barrier Reef in Danger, 7 May, 7.10 pm, 612 ABC Brisbane. http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2013/05/great-barrier-reef-in-danger.html?site=brisbane&program=612_evenings
C. Hunt and Mark Colvin, 2013. Great Barrier Reef is now Little Barrier Reef, 10 May, 5.05 pm 612 ABC Brisbane Drive.
C. Hunt, 2013. UNESCO barrier reef deadline: environmentalists’ concerns, 1 February, Radio National Breakfast. http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/unesco-barrier-reef-deadline-environmentalists-concerns/4494914
C. Hunt and H. Hutchinson, 2012. What's happening on the Great Barrier Reef? Federal and State actions.12 November, 3CR Melbourne. http://podcast.3cr.org.au/podcast.php?cat=EarthMatters
C. Hunt and S. Beder, 2012. The war of words over the "greenest games ever" tag for London 2012, 17 July, TheWire, http://www.thewire.org.au/
C. Hunt and H. Huntchinson, 2012. UNESCO has told the Federal Government: Make changes to port and coastal development, 9 July, 3CR, Melbourne. http://pod.3cr.org.au/pod/3CRCast-2012-07-08-74882.mp3
C. Hunt, 2011. Great barrier grief, 7 November, Four Corners http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2011/11/03/3355047.htm
C. Hunt and J. Mackay, 2011. Compensation policy put together for Gladstone fishing industry, ABC Brisbane, 18 October. http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2011/10/compensation-policy-put-together-for-gladstone-fishing-industry.html
C. Hunt, 2011. Mani long win, Logging, Oil Palm and Livelihhoods in Papua New Guinea Symposium, James Cook University, Cairns, 30 April. Click on title to access.
---, 2011. Rural livelihoods in PNG, Logging, Oil palm and Livelihhoods in Papua New Guinea Symposium, James Cook University, Cairns, 30 April. Click on title to access
---. 2011. Sustaining fish stocks in the south west Pacific: management and policy, Diploma in Economic Policy Analysis, National Research Institute of Paua New Guinea, Port Moresby,18-19 May. Click on title to access
---. 2011. Cash for carbon: hot prospects or hot air? Diploma in Economic Policy Analysis, National Research Institute of Paua New Guinea, Port Moresby,18-19 May. Click on title to access
---,2011. Prospects for meeting Australia's 2020 carbon targets, School of Economics, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, 30 March. Click on title to access
---, 2010. The costs of stopping deforestation, Griffith Asia Institute, Griffith University, Brisbane, 29 April. Click here for seminar abstract
---, 2010. The costs of stopping deforestation, School of Economics, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, 4 April.
---.2010. The costs of stopping deforestation, RMAP/Crawford School, Australian National University, Canberra,1 April. Click on title to access
---2009. Opportunity costs and costs per tonne of carbon sequestered of reducing the clearing of primary forests for industrial logging and oil palm, Department of Environment and Conservation of Papua New Guinea, Port Moresby, 5 November. Click on title to access
---2007. Economic and ecological implications of emerging markets for bio-sequestration for the Atherton Tablelands and the wider world, CSIRO, Atherton, Queensland. Click on title to access